- Iona Technologies
- Not a lot of people know what an Orb is! Check out IONA Technologies home page to find out about
Orbix our CORBA compliant Object Request Broker (ORB).
- The Geneva International Guide
- This is to announce the creation of a new WWW server for Geneva, the
Geneva International Guide. It is non-profit and its goal is to promote the International Organizations and businesses, and to provide international travelers with
helpful resources. This is the first city and canton in Switzerland on the
- Motown Records
- Motown is now on the Net.
- 18th Congress of the European Accounting Association
- Our site contains information for delegates and participants of the 18th Congress of the European Accounting Association to be held in Birmingham, UK, 10-12 May 1995. It also contains pictures and details of Birmingham and of the venue for the congress - The International Convention Centre, Birmingham.
- IATH at the University of Virginia
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities (IATH) at the University of Virginia would like to announce new publications and software, in addition to an on-going series of research
software includes: an image viewer for X-windows that is faster than XV and provides a panner for large images; a sound driver for the IBM rs6000, that provides a control panel to record and play; a Perl script that helps a user add reference line numbers that
relate one SGML-marked text to another. New
general publications include: a museum installation developed from Edward Ayers' Civil war project under development at IATH; two essays by Jerome McGann about using hypertext in critical
editing; two essays by John Unsworth about use of the Internet by
- University of Delaware's School of Business and Economics
- This is the University of Delaware's Home Page for the School of
Business and Economics.
- Mississippi State
University Dept. of Entomology and Plant Pathology
- The Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology at Mississippi State University has a WWW home page. It contains information about the department, degrees and courses offered, admissions procedures, faculty and their areas of teaching/research/extension responsibilities and expertise, and the Mississippi Entomological Museum. Links to the Resistant Pest Management Newsletter at MSU and other entomological web sites are also provided. Contact Sonny Ramaswamy for further information.
- Rocky Mountain Cyber Mall
- Independent Marketing of Boulder, CO is pleased to announce to grand opening of the Rocky Mountain Cyber Mall. In addition to supporting the three Cs, Commerce, Culture, and Class, the RMCM also provides gateways to other malls. Be sure to browse through the SPECIALS store for gift ideas.
- RealTech Systems Corporation
- RealTech Systems
Corporation, based in the Empire State Building, is pleased to announce the Networking Resources Directory, a list of LAN and WAN resources on
the Internet. RealTech provides corporate Internet consulting and marketing services, specializing in firewall and information server design and integration. For more information, call 212.695.7100, or send mail to [email protected].
- FLEET HOUSE: CANADA
- FLEET HOUSE Electronic Publications has recently launched FLEET HOUSE:
CANADA, the Canadian Travel Magazine. This magazine provides a comprehensive
resource for leisure and business travelers. Accommodations, activities,
entertainment, local information and much more is featured. Information
sponsors such as the Hyatt Regency extend special pricing and programs to
travelers on the Internet. Check out what Canada has to offer at
- The Stephen F. Austin State University College of Forestry
- Our URL is http://www.environment.sfasu.edu:1080/. The College of Forestry is dedicated to wise management of all natural resources. In particular, the College is trying to maintain a database of Internet information sources over a wide variety of natural resource issues.
- MCA/Universal Cyberwalk (www.mca.com)
- Entertainment, products and the latest information from the MCA/Universal family of companies.
- The Interactive World Premiere of JUNIOR
- Go behind-the-scenes at the world premiere of Universal Pictures' JUNIOR. Includes over 200 pictures and 30 Video clips from the premiere and the movie.
- MCA Records' AMP (www.mca.com/mca_records/index.html)
- A monthly Internet magazine featuring artists on MCA Records' label. Includes info, sound clips & music videos.
- Winterland Plugged In (www.mca.com/winterland/index.html)
- The home of the first t-shirt company to put Rock-n-roll on a t-shirt. Featuring t-shirts for sale from some the hottest bands around.
- The Official StarGate WWW Site (digiplanet.com/STARGATE)
- Contains loads of pictures, video clips and behind-the-scenes info on MGM/UA's STARGATE.
- Limburgs Universitair Centrum University
- We are pleased to announce the creation of a WWW server at the Limburgs Universitair Centrum, a
university in Belgium. It offers information on a number of research groups active at the institute (currently: Neural Networks, Theoretical Chemistry and Algebra.
- EmeraldNet is a new World Wide Web/IP presence provider to individuals and corporations who don't want to invest in a full time net-presence. We provide WWW, ftp, gopher, and INFOBots to clients. Our first client is the Mammoth/Atlantic recording artists Machines of Loving Grace. Our emphasis is on the entertainment industry, and we have a unique look and feel, due largely to the extended features of Netscape Communications' Netscape Navigator Web browser.
IT Jobs World Wide Web site
- Padova Stellar Evolution Group
- We are pleased to announce that the large grid of theoretical
isochrones of the Padova Stellar Evolution group is now available
via the WWW server of the Astronomical Observatory of Padova, at
the following URL:
- Sting: The Soul Pages
- Fans of rock megastar Sting will want to check out Sting: The Soul Pages. This page contains lyrics, graphics, sounds, links, and more! Constantly updated and ever growing, this page is a must for all true fans of Sting.
- 1st International Conference on Functional Mapping of the Human Brain
- Dates : 26 Jun 1995 to 30 Jun 1995
Location : Paris, France
Info page and Call for Abstracts: http://www-mri.swmed.edu/mhb95.html
- Opinionmeter, Inc.
- Opinionmeter, Inc. is pleased to announce its debut on the World-Wide Web. The Opinionmeter is an interactive opinion polling machine developed to collect point of sale customer satisfaction feedback. Using these portable-battery operated kiosks, you get instant data from your customized questionnaires. Opinionmeter, Inc. is expanding rapidly and is awarding Exclusive Licenses for all major U.S. cities and remaining international territories. For further information visit our home page!
- The Black Information Network
- The Black Information Network is a non-profit organization about the African-American Community.
- IMALL is pleased to offer daily snow conditions for major Ski Resorts in Utah. In addition to the daily snow conditions, readers are encouraged to leave their own
ski condition report for others to browse. Coming soon: resort maps, reservations info, and much more.
- 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta
- I would like to announce a new WWW site that focuses on the
1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, GA. The site is http://www.mindspring.com/~royal/olympic.html.
- The x-page
- The X-page is designed as an unofficial home page for the rec.arts.comics.xbooks newsgroup, and provides links to addresses and home pages throughout the Web to X-Men-related information, stories, and graphics. Accessible at: http://ux4.cso.uiuc.edu/~m-blase/x-page.html. Brought to you by Marty Blase
- The Beatles - Live at the BBC
- We are a new site surrounding the new Beatles album Live At The BBC. Check it out - http://bazaar.com/Beatles/
- IMALL collectible coins
- The IMALL is pleased to announce the availability of
Disney and Super Bowl collectible coins on the WWW. You can join the coins mailing list and receive future announcements of additions to these collections by sending
the line "subscribe coins" to [email protected]
- Sarasota Sports Collectibles
- We're offering just in time for Christmas, Star Trek: The Next Generation Customizable Card Game card sets on the Web. Telecards will be coming soon. Http://iquest.com/~tstevens/sarasota
- Slant is the magazine of Columbia University's School of
International and Public Affairs - http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/~rst10
- The Christmas Book
- The Christmas Book is a Christmas card manager and tracker
designed to make your holidays (and birthdays, anniversaries)
a little easier to keep track of. It is available by anonymous ftp to ftp.mmasters.com in the /pub/mmasters/sox directory as soxdemo.zip. For more information (and if your browser supports ftp) point your browser to The
Christmas Book Page, and enjoy. The Christmas Book is copyright 1994
1131 Boyce Road,
Pittsburgh, Pa 15241
- University of Arizona in Tuscon Online Galleries
- The University of Arizona in Tucson has created two new online art galleries featuring full-color images of paintings, drawings, sculptures and other fine arts from the University. The WILDCAT Gallery (Worldwide Internet Library Displaying Campus Artistic Talents) exhibits images of works by professional, contemporary artists who are on the faculty of the art department of The University of Arizona. The UA Museum of Art Permanent Collection Gallery features selections from its permanent collection of more than 4,000 works of art, including works by renowned artists such as Georgia O'Keeffe, Maynard Dixon and Edward Hopper, as well as art dating from the 15th century through the 20th century. The University of Arizona Museums and Galleries home page can be accessed by the following URL:
- Wilson Keller Agency
- For the very first time! The Very First Ad Agency In Africa Goes Online. Check It Out! The most progressive Ad agency in Africa is on the Net. Please check out the site, and hot link it to the globe! - http://www.aztec.co.za/wka/wka.html
- Univ Kansas, Lawrence Kansas Microbiology Home Page
- The Department of Microbiology at the University of Kansas, Lawrence Kansas, now has a Home Page. There is information available about faculty, undergraduate study, graduate study, and research in the Department. The site is linked to university-wide servers, which allow one to "tour" the main campus. The site address is: http://ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu/~micro/
- First Night Boston
- comes to you via the World Wide Web to provide on-line information about the largest New Year's Eve celebration in North America. With 55 locations around the city and 228 performances by 1000 artists, you may easily see only the events in which you are interested, create your own custom itinerary, and print it at any time. First Night is produced by First Night, Inc., a cultural service organization that is privately funded. This interactive service was designed and developed for First Night, Inc. by Terry Swack and Karen Houldin of Terry Swack Design Associates, in collaboration with Kee Hinckley of Utopia Inc., a Web Site engineering firm.
- Windham Hill Records
- Windham Hill Records, the epitome of the independent record label, now has a worldwide web server. Delivering the ultimate Internet experience, this site is sure to excite the senses with images and audio that reflect the uniqueness of each artist and his/her music. In the Windham Hill Listening Room, you can experience a broad range of song samples from a variety of artists. This comprehensive server also includes artists' biographies, discographies, tour dates, and an open forum for musical discussion. The URL is http://www.windham.com/
- Learn Forth in five minutes on the WWW
- @art gallery
- @art gallery is a Mosaic-based internet art gallery dedicated to exhibiting
the best in contemporary electronic art. Artists using digital tools are
featured on a revolving basis, with each exhibition lasting six to eight
weeks. @art gallery is featured in the current issue of Newsweek magazine
(December 12, 1995). The article is located in the Cyberscope section, page
16. The gallery is
currently featuring work by California-based artist Carol Flax, whose recent
exhibitions include "Iterations: The New Image" at the International Center
for Photography in New York City, and "Digital Photography" at the Palais
de Tokyo in Paris, France. Her book "Some (M)Other Stories: A Parent(hetic)al
Tale" is soon to be published by the Southeast Museum of Photography and
Visual Studies Workshop. In1993 Flax spent a six-week residency in the
Scottish Highlands, which resulted in a digitally generated, permanent
installation in the Inverness Rail Station in Inverness, Scotland. This was
part of Fotofeis, the Scottish International Festival of Photography. Carol
Flax has won numerous awards, and her work has been widely exhibited in the
United States and Europe. @art gallery is a curated by the collaborative
group ad319, which is comprised of Kathleen Chmelewski, Nan Goggin, and
Joseph Squier. The project is jointly sponsored by the School of Art &
Design, the Center for Graphic Technologies, and the Advanced Information
Technologies Group; all of which are located at the University of Illinois
at Urbana Champaign, USA.
- School of Chemistry at the University of Bristol
- Here you'll find information concerning: research within the school of
chemistry, graduate study and contact numbers and address, the Diamond CVD
photo library, movies of chemical structures, and many links to other chemistry
related www servers. Its address is: http://www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/
- The New South Showcase
- Developed by Atlanta's number one Internet Training and Consulting firm, the New South Showcase provides businesses with a low cost, full-time marketing presence on the Global Information Highway. This innovative new online advertising showcase provides southern businesses with an affordable channel for marketing their company's goods and services to a global market that numbers nearly 30 million and is expected to double within a year's time. Companies are also able to establish their own information resource centers on the Internet which will provide them with a mechanism for doing business worldwide with existing and future customers, suppliers and vendors, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. With the Olympics less than two years away, and Atlanta fast becoming one of the most popular destination cities in the world, the New South Showcase provides Internet users worldwide with a colorful, interactive multimedia glimpse of Georgia's capital city. In addition to bringing worldwide attention to southern businesses, the New South Showcase provides up-to-day coverage of Atlanta's cultural venue. Internet users anywhere in the world now have the opportunity to instantly identify what's happening in the way of
movies, nightclubs, restaurants and the arts right from their own
computers in their homes and offices.
- North Valley Research Inc.
- A Web and FTP site is now making available their software-based MPEG Digital
Video Products. The NVR product family includes MPEG compression and playback software as well as tools for audio and video capture, formatting, image enhancement and the conversion from multiple digital image and video file formats. NVR's products support audio, video, MPEG system stream, CD-I, Video CD and variable or fixed bit rates. NVR currently supports Sun, Silicon Graphics and HP workstations with Macintosh support expected in early 1995.